Some more photos from gardens this year. Links to articles are given if you would like to read more.
1. The English Garden at Chantilly.
2. When Acers are at their best.
3. Ireland’s oldest coaching inn.
4. Monet’s Garden at Giverny.
5. A tiny city courtyard transformed.
7. Creating focal points in the garden.
9. Tulip mania.
10. Ireland’s most romantic garden.
(All photography mine; feel free to use any of Jardin’s images but please credit and link back)
- 10 Best Garden Photos of 2013 (jardindesign.org)
- The Gardens at Chantilly. (jardindesign.org)
- My Garden of 2013 (jardindesign.org)
1, 5, and 6 are my personal favourites! Especially 5 (a tiny city courtyard transformed) – in photographic terms, the depth of field, the composition, the colours, and the different levels all draw the eye in much the same way a good garden does. But then it also evokes a sense of atmosphere with the candles, the evening light, and the blurring of indoor and outdoor space (with that tempting wine bottle in the distance!)…
Thank you. I really value your comment – and a very observant one of #5
LOVE THESE … great blog to follow!
Thank you so much for your lovely comment. Glad you enjoy it!
All such wonderful posts. I can’t wait to see what you will do in 2014!
Thanks for your lovely comment. Will keep the posts rolling….
4, 6, 8 & 9 get my vote. Love all of them in fact. Have a great christmas.
Thanks for your comment and have a great Christmas too!
Hi there, I’m feeling very cheery and chirpy again tonight and I just wanted to let you know that I’ve nominated you for another Blog of the Year 2013 One Star for your Award. My post will be published this evening at around 7.00pm Australian Time. Congratulations to you for a creating a truly Wonderful Blog. Kidazzleink.com